20 minutes 2 portions
By Doreen Colondres for The National Pork Board
It has all the flavor of the pork, the nutrition of the loin and the yumminess of an "al ajillo” recipe, but in just 15 minutes. Try it!
- 1 pound pork loin, finely cut
- 1 medium red onion, small diced
- 2 garlic cloves, medium, small diced or sliced
- 1/4 cup of wine (chardonnay, sparkling wine o pinot grigio)
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup of frozen sweet peas
- Cilantro for garnish
- Season the filets with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a sauce pan in medium high heat, add 2 tbsp. of olive oil and sauté the onion for 3
minutes or until tender and slightly browned. Then add the garlic, season with salt and
pepper and stir for 1 more minute.
- Add the peas, stir for 1 more minute, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Using the same pan, add the remaining olive oil and cook the pork fillets for 2 minutes on
each side. Make sure you don’t overcook them, keep them moist.
- Add the sofrito, the wine and let it reduce in high temperature for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve, garnish with cilantro and enjoy the way it is or with a side of salad, quinoa, corn,
plantains or rice.