10 minutes For Sharing
By Doreen Colondres
During spring carrots are tastier that ever. We already know that they are awesome for our health, so enjoy them more often. Raw, roasted, boiled, sautéed, in stews, with beans and even in this cheese to serve as a dip during a party or as “butter” any day of the week. For its color and sweet taste, kids will love it too. And you can prepare double quantity, because it will last you several days in the fridge.
The secret is to buy fresh bright carrots, which are not too opaque, cracked or dry. If you can buy organic, heirloom or they type of carrots that comes with the leaves, they will be tastier and sweeter.
What you need:
- 1 pound fresh carrots, peeled and cut small
- 1/2 cream cheese stick with fat
- 2-3 tbsp. raw almonds (or cashews), without salt
- Salt and pepper to taste
What you have to do:
- Peel and cut the carrots into small sizes so they cooked quickly.
- Boil the carrots in water with a pinch of salt, for about 7 minutes or until tender.
- Strain the carrots, let them lose some of the heat and then take them to the food processor or blender with the cream cheese and almonds.
- Season with a pinch of salt, pepper and refrigerate to enjoy chill. Serve with bread, crackers or veggies.